Sunday, April 17, 2011

You Make Me Feel Alive...

Iowa is for soccer players.
......well this weekend it was. Haha I kept calling It Ohio. So I kept thinking of this Hawthorne Heights Song.
So Anyways, yeah we didn't go to Ohio. We were in Iowa and It was freezing! For some reason I thought Nebraska and Iowa were supposed to be warm. It was probably like 10 degrees when we were playing our night game. I love playing under the lights, it's probably one of my favorite things ever. 


The feeling that you get when you step on the field....when it's still cold because your adrenaline hasn't hit yet. When the only light is coming from the giant stadium lights and for those 90 minutes you feel like you're actually important and productive. When YOU are important because you're a part of something bigger than yourself and your problems. You have a goal and a mission and, together, at that moment, it's the only thing that matters.

We stepped out of the locker room and I felt my face go numb. It was so cold, a pure cold that isn't here in Alamosa because in Alamosa we have wind. There was a slight breeze but mainly the air was just frozen. We started to run out to the field when coach yells, "wait come here, get in a circle". I love this moment...
We get in as close as we can, putting our arms around each other and everyone goes quiet. I look up and my coach is looking at me, he nods his head. I start to pray and I hope the words are coming out right because my chin is so numb by this point. "...in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
In unison I here my team say "Amen". I love that. I love hearing that they support what I said and I can't help but feel that I gave them an extra little boost of confidence to go into this game.

We won 4-0 against Northwestern, coach's old team. We were so excited. He promised us pie if we won, which now that I think about it we never got....Anyways, he got us back in the circle to calm us down and lipped out "Thank you!"
It's moments like this that make me think that off season, and all those many times I nearly died, running 16 miles a week, and waking up at 5 15 in the morning are actually worth it. Worth this feeling....
Maybe. I'm still trying to figure it out.

We stuffed into two vans. For 13 hours....needless to say, I wasn't very comfortable, but it was fun being with the girls.
                                                                              Whit & I
We stopped at Jimmy Johns in Monument, CO and I saw this sign on the wall...
It says "If you do the things you need to do when you need to do them, then someday, you can do the things you want when you want to do them."
This is such a perfect, dead on piece of advice. All good things come through discipline and obedience. This also made me think of soccer. How if I get through all this hard work.... eventually i'll get to do something I want? I don't know. Something like that.
 My Dad, Mom, and Shannae came up to watch us play Colorado Christian last week. I love when I get to see my family. :) Look how cool Shannae is in this picture. She is so awesome and clever. It makes me sad that because I don't live at home anymore I'll miss a lot of her growing up. Same thing with Cam and Tay... it just goes to show you how important eternity is and to have that as one of your goals. I want to live with them forever, it's so vital I live my life worthy of that.

LeAnn is so funny. I hear her voice from the bathroom and she's like "Oh No!...ahhhhh". Like so sad about to cry and I go in the bathroom and this is what I find.
She was so distraught. "What am I gonna dooo?? Oh no....." and I just bust out laughing. It was so funny. Eee that girl is too much sometimes. She makes me laugh. I took her glasses out and lysol-ed them for her. :) Silly girl.

I can't believe it almost the end of the semester. I can't wait for lifeguarding and to get some sun! Mostly, I just can't wait to be home. Also, my sister is graduating on her birthday July 22nd. :) Lucky girl. She is the greatest. :) Taylor is graduating high school! I can't believe that. He's so big now and he's taller than me! He is the best brother. I love him so much. I miss being near him. Even though we never talked that much anyway....I just love him.

Happy April 17th :)
My dad's birthday is tomorrow,
Happy Birthday Dada, I love you so much. :)
Oh yeah and my mom got a new car!
I haven't seen it get but I'm assuming it looks something like this.
Bye, Mercy! 

Anyway, I hope everyone had a lovely, spiritual Sunday. 
Love, 
Kelli :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Kel! You are so great, When can we see each other again? I can't wait for that day. I love you!

    ReplyDelete