Sunday, May 25, 2014

Completely


I have been learning recently the importance of doing things completely. When you don't, things go wrong. Not only do things go wrong, but things wont go right. I am not sure if those two things go hand in hand, but I am saying that anyway. If you aren't in 100%, you can't expect to get the maximum reward/blessings/etc.  Right now, I can only think of a couple of examples and they are kind of lame but I will share them anyway. I have never been snowboarding, but I have heard time and time again that bad things happen when you hesitate or don't follow through. If you are about to try a new trick or motion and half way through you bail out, you are going to get hurt. There is safety in courage and finishing. The other example I can think of is meeting exercise goals. If you commit yourself everyday, every morning when you wake up, to exercise and do something to help you progress, then you will meet your goals! It's not a secret, complete consistency will yield results, there is no doubt about that. Why is it then that so many of us have trouble committing 100%? Whatever it is, I guarantee there is something that each of us needs to be better at being committed to. I am learning to trust completely in my Heavenly Father. I still don't comprehend what fully that means. I thought I did, but I have so...so...SO much learning to do. I thought that meant that through doing what I was supposed to-going to church, reading my scriptures, saying my prayers, having FHE, serving those around me-that everything would just be okay, that everything would work. I know that there ARE blessings in doing what is right and what you are supposed to do, but there is so much more. I tried to find comfort in places that I had found it before-in my friends, in older journal entries, in my family, in songs-and I did find glimpses of it. I just wanted to consistently feel it. This morning the song "He"ll Carry You" by Hillary Weeks came on and these words touched my heart:

"He knew there’d be moments when no earthly words
Could take away your sorrow 
And no human eyes could see what you’re going through"

I know my family and friends are there for me and they love me, but when they can't give me what I need, I know that my Heavenly Father and Savior can. We are made of heavenly matter. I am a heavenly matter. The next line in the song is:

"When you’ve taken your last step and done all that you can do 
He will lift your heavy load and carry you"

Doing all I can do means COMPLETELY trusting in the Lord. It means that knowing He is there and aware of everything. It means to lean on HIM and not anyone or anything else. There will be times that we will feel like we can't find comfort anywhere, but in Him. He can take care of us because He made us. 

Kelli





No comments:

Post a Comment