Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Reunion

I hope that this blog isn't completely all over the place! I haven't blogged in forever. FOREVER. It was probably before Tyler even got home from his mission. Tyler got home on October 29th and I flew to Colorado on October 30th! I got to stay with one of my best friends, Hannah, for the night until I got to see Tyler the next day! So Hannah had to go to work and Tyler was supposed to pick me up around noon and we were going to have a fun day in Denver. I was so nervous! I can't even explain how I felt. This was real life? In a few minutes I was going to SEE Tyler. Like he was going to be within feet from me. Seriously I just couldn't believe it was happening. If I thought about it too much I felt like I was going to faint so I listenedd to the radio, watched tv, looked at facebook....looked again at facebook, okay I was super tired of listening to world news on the radio so I finally turned it off. Noon came...1230....1...130....2....230...Then he calls me! He must be outside! Nope he was lost and still like 20 minutes away. At this point I was not nervous anymore lol I was like seriously? Anyways he got lost a couple more times but at about 3 ish he says he is outside, I go outside and he is not there but I look a couple houses down and I knew for sure that was him. Haha So I told him to come back a few houses and I walk out when he gets parked! I can't remember exactly what was said but we side hugged and I think I said "you look good!" and he either said "so do you" or "you do too". Well my bags were inside and I wasn't sure if he was going to come inside with me since no one was there (every RM is different lol) but he came in and got my bag. The car had over heated too so he had to add some coolant and then I gave him a Welcome  Home Package I had made him. He used all the coolant but we figured we would be okay to get to his house. We got into the car and started driving and I couldn't believe it was real! I kept saying stuff like "I can't believe this is happening" and "I can't believe you are really here" and he would say stuff like "yep its really me" "I'm really here" lol so Tyler. Anyways as I was sitting there trying to gather my thoughts he put his hand on my thigh. what. wait. what is happening. I was not expecting this haha I slowly and awkwardly put my hand on top of his. "I can't believe this is happening" lol and he just smiled at me. Anyways it was sweet. We went to the gas station and he opened my door while pumping gas so he could talk to me. It was the best!
Trying to find our way back to the right highway was another adventure. We had to do like 3 u-turns..(sometimes he doesn't like to listen to me... we jokingly argued, as my hand was wrapped around his arm, about directions). The car started to overheat again...and we were out of coolant...so we stopped at a walmart to buy some more and waited for it to cool off lol So it was late at this point and as you can imagine this is NOT how I imagined this day would go BUT I was making the best of every moment because Tyler was with me!:) We started back on the road again and the road to BWW was coming up and I had given up the idea of us going there because it was late already and we had to get home for something, I don't remember. Well he acted like we were going straight and I wasn't going to say anything but then he turned off and I looked at him like are we...?? yes? And he said "are you hungry?" or something like that. Uh yeah I haven't eaten in like 10 hours because I was waiting for you...lol
We made it to BWW ------------>

Anyways we made it to his house and it was awesome being in Peetz again! I love Tyler's whole family and being in his home. Its the best. The next few days are kind of a blur looking back on them. Tyler and I didn't have much to do during the day so we would try to find things to do around the house. I tried not to get frustrated about not having talked about anything about us or the past two years at all. It was hard. I was so happy Tyler was back but things between us were just so unsure and I didn't want to bring it up because he was just getting home so I just silently let things build up.
Here is a picture of us after the first Sunday I was there. This day at church he introduced me as his "friend from freshmen year of college" lol
 Anyways there were a few nights while I was at his house that made all the difference for me. One night we went to Greeley to visit his sister Jessie and on the way home I just couldn't take it anymore and we talked about everything. The past two years, what happened, how we felt, and all that good(bad?) stuff. I felt good that we were able to talk but I wasn't really sure where I stood with him. The next day he asked me if we could watch Frozen downstairs. Seriously, this was THE BEST. He just cuddled with me and gave me occasional kisses that really just made me feel like he was glad I was there! The next night he said we could go stargazing! Yayy!! So he packed up some blankets and pillows for us and we went out to a place on their land and just laid down in the dirt and stargazed. I remember that night so well. I looked up at the stars and felt like I could feel heaven. I know that makes me sound weird but I just knew at that moment (as I do now) that there is more to us than this life. We are more than humans, we are eternal beings and I am so grateful to have a testimony of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father at that moment. Tyler was hugging me as I talked about all this deep stuff that he doesn't super get into. lol If you know Tyler you know how true that is. Then he said "thanks for waiting for me" and he smiled so cute. We talked a little about where we wanted to go with our relationship and what we wanted to do. This picture is as soon as we got home from star gazing. Best night yet :)
I left Colorado on Cloud 9. Seriously. At this point we had talked about a date for getting married but I wasn't really sure what was going to happen. Anyways it was a good plane ride home thinking about getting to be with Tyler again!
About a week and a half later he came to NM.  Its funny that we are wearing like the same thing but I promise this was a different time. We are in New Mexico in the picture below. 


 Anyways a couple days later we were taking some of these:
(thanks a billion to my talented, amazing friend Nathan Clements for taking these with a two and half day notice...)


All for now. All is well. Love is Patient. 
:)





No comments:

Post a Comment