Today was a wonderful day filled with math problems, laundry, and wal-mart.
I did Brave's laundry, too. (see his shorts above) His outfit is so outdated, I really need to go take him to get some new clothes.
LeAnn got really sad today. She said she felt like she was missing out on things by being away at college. It's so easy to feel like that. To slip into this state of mind that staying at home would be better than moving away. Home is so easy. You know everything. Being away is hard. Life is hard.
But if you think back in your life to everything that has ever meant anything, hard times came before the point where you realized it was all worth it.
I'm hoping this whole college experience will hold true to that as well.
I bought a bunch of new songs the other day. I LOVE new music! :)
It makes me happy.
This song is called "Hey Lauren" by Rookie of the Year.
It's really good. Rookie of the Year's music seems to always be kinda sad, but I like it a lot.
Orlando used to always ask me why I listened to sad songs if they make me sad. I don't know why I do. I feel like I used to listen to sad songs that relate to my life so I knew I wasn't alone and crazy for feeling that way, that the Artist made it through that hard time and so can I. And then I listened to sad songs so that I could feel something because I was tired of being empty and numb. And now I only listen to some of those sad songs because I used to like 'em or they randomly come up on my ipod and I don't change them because I'm okay. I don't feel a constant sting when I listen to songs that remind me of sad times because I know that things are okay.
Welp, I know this wasn't interesting but it's something. Hope everyone had a great day!
Oh hey I forgot, today this guys at sonic gave me his number. haha After he asked me if I was high.
Just because I'm weird, outgoing, and loud doesn't mean I'm high people, even if it was 4-20.
I hate how 4-20 is now all about smoking pot. There's is so many other influential, powerful things that happened on April 20th.
I watched a special on Columbine the other day for no reason. Just because I wanted to. It made me real careful about how I treat people. Everyone matters. No one more than anyone else. It also made me scared to death.
I talked to my mom one time about how there were so many times where bad things could have happened to be when I was little, and even today. She told me that Heavenly Father protects us if we allow him to. She was so right. I feel an invisible shield around me, protecting me when I'm living the way I know I should be. And if something bad happens, I don't doubt my Heavenly Fathers protection or love for me. I know that there is a purpose for every trial and tragedy. He loves us and as long as I have my father in Heaven, I'll have safety.
Love,
Kelli

You are so bright kel :) I am so glad you have a blog, I love reading it! I love you
ReplyDelete