Hello everyone,
You are probably wondering what the title of this blog means. I will tell you. :) So a long time ago before Tyler left on his mission I would look things up about missionary girlfriends all the time. It wouldn't ever help me feel better and most of the time it made my stomach hurt but I did see some cool things on blogs and websites that other MG's did. One of the things that a lot of girls do to countdown months is by using the phrase "I AM A MISSIONARY GIRLFRIEND", which is exactly 24 letters long and missions are 24 months long. A perfect countdown. :) Well I was just thinking the other day... on July 10th....how Tyler has been out 9 months now and so that makes me a missi. I love being a missi, it has been a really good, hard experience! I can't believe how much I am learning about myself, Tyler, and our relationship. I was talking to Cami and I told her how I don't like referring to myself as "waiting" for Tyler or "waiting for a missionary" because doesn't that just sound like I'm wasting time? Well, I'm not. I'm not waiting on anything. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I'm growing every single day. I still feel close to Tyler. When you hear that someone is waiting for a missionary what do you think? Honestly. If you are like the majority of people, you will think that that is not going to work out. You'll think I'm naive or that some other boy will come along. You can think that, but you're wrong. Tyler and I are the best team. I don't want anyone else. He has the kindest heart and even though our communication isn't the best, we both try. We try to do small little things for each other that will make each other happy. You don't have to support me or think that this will work, but let me tell you, it will and... it's funner on this side----> celebrating every milestone, every new companion, every new area, every funny story, and every new person they meet. This brings me such happiness and I wouldn't want him anywhere else. Not even with me. This time is hard but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love that boy and I will love him for the rest of eternity.
On a different, less aggressive note, Taylor has been serving for 4 months and 3 days! I think about how strong Taylor is, how amazing he is, and it just makes my heart swell. I love him so much. I am so thankful that he is my brother. We've gone through some of the hardest times together. He has showed me true strength so many times in our lives so far. When I was 18 and going through the hardest breakup of my life, crying myself to sleep every night and too depressed to leave my room when I didn't have to, I remember one of the most touching things was when one night I was crying on my bed and Taylor came in and sat beside me and put his arm around me and said "It's okay Kelli, I'm the only man you need in your life." It was just so sweet and I am so thankful for that sentence. It brought so much peace that he showed a caring, protective side over me, his older sister. I remember another night last summer when Taylor was at the movie theater and passed out while walking. He broke his jaw on both sides. My parents were out of town so I sat in the ER with him all night. He didn't take anything. NO PAINKILLERS. NOTHING. His face was swollen and uneven. He couldn't open his mouth. We waited for 7 hours in the lobby until they took him back. He didn't say ONE thing about being in pain. I just can't wrap my mind around someone being able to do that. I am such a baby. He is one of the best examples I could ever ask for. And now look at him, he is on an island with people he didn't even know 4 months ago. He is strong, and brave, and courageous. And everything I wish I could be.
I am thankful for these two missionaries, who are healthy, willing, worthy, and able to serve.<3
Love,
Kelli
awwww missionaries
ReplyDelete