Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Count Your Many Blessings!

"I have found that, rather than dwelling on the negative, if we will take a step back and consider the blessings in our lives, including seemingly small, sometimes overlooked blessings, we can find greater happiness..... I believe that no concern of ours is too small or insignificant. The Lord is in the details of our lives."
 President Thomas S. Monson

I have a had a rough few days. Without the Priesthood of God, I would not be making it, nor would I feel as strong as I do right now. Tyler is serving my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He will be gone for awhile and although I want with all my heart to be with him forever, if Heavenly Father has a different plan for me then I will do it, praying that he gives me the strength to that. But I wont think like that, our love is strong. I trust Tyler with all my heart, I trust God with all my heart and that's why this sacrifice is worth it, because I love him...because of everything that I have and everything that he has done for me. It will be hard, but I am willing to give it my best shot and not back down even when I feel broken-with the Savior I can be whole. Holy cow I am so off track from where I wanted this blog to go lol Okay I'm going to list my blessings, no matter how big or small because I am truly blessed and surrounded by my Savior's love. Here are my blessings for today:

  1. My car didn't die and got me everywhere I needed to go.
  2. I had friends around me.
  3. Lori made hasbrowns that were so good.
  4. I got to go to institute.
  5. I have clothes to wear.
  6. I am feeling better.
  7. None of my limbs are broken.
  8. My family is safe.
  9. Patti gave me some really good cake.
  10. I colored/made a couple scrapbook pages.
  11. BC was in a good mood, therefore he was nice to me.
  12. I am alive.
  13. My phone works.
  14. I have internet access/service.
  15. I know how to read and write.
  16. I can run.
  17. I can lift.
  18. The weather is nice.
  19. I'm not having a bad hair day....and just having hair period is a blessing.
  20. I enjoyed eating.
  21. I am at work! So I have a job.
  22. I can taste, hear, see, touch, and smell.
  23. I laughed in exercise phys.
  24. None of my fingers or toes are jammed.
  25. I dont have a black eye.
  26. I don't have a walking cast on my foot!
  27. I can shower...we have warm water.
  28. I have a house and a bed.
  29. I wasn't freezing last night.
  30. I didn't get hit by a car when I crossed the street.
  31. My teeth are straight and I don't have any new pimples today.
  32. I have a car to get me where I need to go.
  33. I am at school and have the oppurtunity to learn more about what I love.
  34. I have good eyesight.
  35. My tongue isn't burnt.
  36. I don't have pneumonia.
  37. I can walk on my own two feet.
  38. I have the restored gospel!
  39. I read an awesome parable in Luke 8 today.
  40. I'm sitting in a comfortable chair rather than a hard cold one.
  41. I've only cried once and it wasn't even a lot. (Rejoice in little accomplishments)
  42. Half the semester is over.
  43. I'm not on crutches.
  44. I have a warm jacket.
  45. I know people around me.
  46. I dont live in the dorms.
  47. I have Lori as my roommate.
  48. I have an eternal family.
  49. My make up wasn't all ran out.
  50. I didn't lose my toothbrush.

I could name more but I will stop for now. I am blessed and am surrounded by many good things!

Love,
Kelli

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog it is great! I read Luke 8 and Mark 4 and I believe Matthew 12, the same parable is mentioned in all three. You can also reference Lehi's dream (also has 4 groups). Maybe that was too much. Good job, Kel. Following the prophet is following God :)

    ReplyDelete