Monday, October 15, 2012

Knock and Ye Shall Recieve

I am so glad that today is over! I had a motor development test and an exercise phys test this morning and I was so stressing out. This weekend I put my gospel responsibilities before any of my school work, I'm doing an experiment. My theory is that if I put Heavenly Father first always that everything else will work itself out and be better than it would have been than if I would have not put him first. For example, last night there was a bi-stake fireside in La Jara, which is about 15-20 minutes away. By yesterday night, I had barely studied at all. Normally, I wouldn't have gone to the fireside and I would have stayed home and studied. I am SO glad that I chose to go to the fireside. I learned so much about missionary work and the importance of it. I heard one story in particular that is one of the most amazing stories I have ever heard. I got home and sat by the fire with all my notes and my computer (eventually I want to get to where I don't study on Sundays at all, but starting this in College is really really hard). It was so easy for me to remember what I needed to. For the past couple weeks in ex phys we've been studying the cardiovascular system and I just couldn't get the blood flow down! I couldn't remember where it went or where it came from or anything. Right when I opened my notes last night I picked up a pattern and had it down in 7 minutes. Bam, already one blessing. I didn't study for motor development at all until the next morning because it wasn't nearly as hard, but as you know, you can fail the easiest tests if you don't study for them. I woke up at around 8 to study with Lori. Gospel study mind you. We read about Christ's ministry and I learned a lot! After that I glanced over my motor development as I was getting ready and felt okay as long as the test was pretty much the exact same as the study guide. lol Anyways I got to class and there was maybe 3 multiple choice questions I wasn't entirely sure on and there was about 5 short/long answer questions and I answered every single one and felt good about them! Bam. Blessing number 2. (Please note that I do very much realize there were probably hundreds of blessings before 1, in between 1 and 2 and many more after that I'm not noting-the Lord is in the details of our lives!) Okaaay so now it was exercise phys time. It was rough. I can't say that I breezed through it without any trouble but I can tell you that I felt just as good or BETTER than I did on the other tests but I was better off because I had been spiritually fed.
My experiment has been going on for about 5 days now, I wake up about an hour earlier than I would and study the New Testament, side by side with the Institute Manual The Life and Teachings of Jesus Christ and his Apostles. It is amazing, AMAZING the difference that I feel in my days. My happy times are so much happier. My heart is completely full. I love people! I say hi to people I don't even know. And then after I think, that will be cool to talk about that when we are in heaven. I just have a better perspective about life. I still experience sadness and stress but its so much easier to get over. It's over so fast because I have a stronger testimony about what matters. I love that I am getting an education! I love my major and I love learning new things! :) But I love my Savior more and he will always, ALWAYS come first. 
God speed people, 
Love, 
Kelli

1 comment:

  1. Kelli I love this. I hope someday you print a blog book for your posterity, these are really good and important principles you are sharing! I know that it is really hard to put the Lord first, but after you get that habit it is amazing to see how He will always multiply and magnify you and your efforts. It took me a while to not study on Sunday too, good job! Here I go rambling on for 10 years. My poor son... I can't imagine how much I will want to tell him! I love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete